The Costa Rican Biological Sciences Olympics and their Role in the National Educational Community through the Integration of Competition, Sharing, Living and Learning
AbstractThe opening in Costa Rica of a fair cognitive competition in the field of biological sciences responds to educational and social needs. This activity has increased year by year the interest of youth all over the country and of their teachers in the conceptual understanding of the biological field, through the organization of spaces for reflection, deepening and conceptual thinking during the development of classes, workshops, trainings and academic debates. The activity is supported by various government agencies, professional associations and private institutions. The objectives of this project are to enhance students in developing their abilities, cognitive skills and attitudes and to create opportunities for professional development in tutor teachers, promoting the implementation of procedural, conceptual and attitudinal aspects in their teaching. This paper seeks to highlight these purposes.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors guarantee the journal the right to be the first publication of the work as licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors can set separate additional agreements for non-exclusive distribution of the version of the work published in the journal (eg, place it in an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
3. The authors have declared to hold all permissions to use the resources they provided in the paper (images, tables, among others) and assume full responsibility for damages to third parties.
4. The opinions expressed in the paper are the exclusive responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the opinion of the editors or the Universidad Nacional.
Uniciencia Journal and all its productions are under Creative Commons Atribución-NoComercial-SinDerivadas 4.0 Unported.
There is neither fee for access nor Article Processing Charge (APC)
Comentarios (ver términos de uso)
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Shirley Camacho Vargas, La importancia de estudiar educación , Revista Electrónica Educare: Vol 12 No 1 (2008): Revista Electrónica Educare (enero-junio)
- Shirley Camacho Vargas, José Pereira Chaves, Construction of the Cognitive Dimension of the Scientific Literacy in the Students through the Costa Rican Biological Sciences Olympics , Revista Electrónica Educare: Vol 16 No 2 (2012): Revista Electrónica Educare (mayo-agosto)
- José Pereira Chaves, Management Strategy for Hydroelectric Project Toro 2: Knowing and enhancing natural resources sustainably , Uniciencia: Vol 28 No 1 (2014)