Analisis de algunos factores que afectan el comportamiento reproductivo de varias razas de cerdos en una piara comercial de la provincia de Heredia, Costa Rica
Growth and reproductive records of a swine herd, located in the northern region of Heredia, were analyzed using least squares methodology in order to estimate the effect of some breed and non-genetical sources of variation. Breeds included in the analysis were Yorkshire, Landrace, Duroc and Hampshire. Crossbred sows were also considered. Studied traits were: litter size and weight at birth and at weaning, mortality from birth to weaning, lactation length, gestation length, rebreeding and farrowing interval. Dam´s breed significantly affected litter at birth meanwhile year of parturition and sire´s breed did not affect considered traits.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors guarantee the journal the right to be the first publication of the work as licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors can set separate additional agreements for non-exclusive distribution of the version of the work published in the journal (eg, place it in an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
3. The authors have declared to hold all permissions to use the resources they provided in the paper (images, tables, among others) and assume full responsibility for damages to third parties.
4. The opinions expressed in the paper are the exclusive responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the opinion of the editors or the Universidad Nacional.
Uniciencia Journal and all its productions are under Creative Commons Atribución-NoComercial-SinDerivadas 4.0 Unported.
There is neither fee for access nor Article Processing Charge (APC)
Comentarios (ver términos de uso)
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Rafael Arroyo, Eduardo Eduarte, Leonidas Villalobos, Diego Aguirre, Efecto de la época y el pastoreo sobre el valor nutritivo potencial del pasto estrella (Cynodon nlenfuensis, Vanderyst) (ING) , Uniciencia: Vol 4 No 1-2 (1987)
- Edgar Fallas, Rafael Arroyo, Eduardo Eduarte, Leonidas Villalobos, Fernando Mojica, Diego Aguirre, Efecto de la fertilización nitrogenada e intervalos de corte sobre el valor nutritivo potencial del pasto King grass (Pennisetum purpureum x Pennisetum typhoides). Durante la época lluviosa (ING) , Uniciencia: Vol 4 No 1-2 (1987)
- Marvin Arce, Eduardo Eduarte, Rafael Arroyo, José Rodríguez, Carlos Sáenz, Efecto de diferentes niveles de D.L Metionina sobre la utilización de la pulpa de café en dietas para pollos de engorde (ING) , Uniciencia: Vol 6 No 1-2 (1989)