Efecto de diferentes niveles de D.L Metionina sobre la utilización de la pulpa de café en dietas para pollos de engorde (ING)
Eighty four Indian River one-day-old chicks were distributed in a complete randomized design to evaluate the effect of different levels of D.L.-methionine on the use of dehydrate coffee pulp (DCP) in their diets during the starting (0-4 weeks) and finishing (5-7 weeks) periods. During the first period the chicks were grouped in 3 treatments and were kept on a wood-shaving litter. In the finishing period the chicks were in individual cages in metallic batteries. The diets were balanced isonitrogenous and isocaloric according to the animal nutritional requirements for each period. All the diets contained a fixed level of 15% DCP and were supplemented with 0.50 and 100% of D.L.-methionine over the recommended ammounts for the period. Feed and water were offered ad libitum. On the last week a nitrogen balance was carried out. Weight gain, feed intake and feed conversion did not differed statiscally (P≤ 0.05) between treatments, however, an improvement in weight gain and feed conversion was observed in the higher levels of methionine. Regarding to nitrogen metabolism, there were no significant statistic differences (P≤ 0.05) in total feces, dry matter utilization and nitrogen digestibility. The nitrogen retention in the groups with supplementation was superior (P≤ 0.05) to the one without it. It can be concluded that tannins are not necessarily the most limitant factor in the utilization of DCP, but others like the high crude fiber content, K+, etc. are important too.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors guarantee the journal the right to be the first publication of the work as licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors can set separate additional agreements for non-exclusive distribution of the version of the work published in the journal (eg, place it in an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
3. The authors have declared to hold all permissions to use the resources they provided in the paper (images, tables, among others) and assume full responsibility for damages to third parties.
4. The opinions expressed in the paper are the exclusive responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the opinion of the editors or the Universidad Nacional.
Uniciencia Journal and all its productions are under Creative Commons Atribución-NoComercial-SinDerivadas 4.0 Unported.
There is neither fee for access nor Article Processing Charge (APC)
Comentarios (ver términos de uso)
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Rafael Arroyo, Eduardo Eduarte, Leonidas Villalobos, Diego Aguirre, Efecto de la época y el pastoreo sobre el valor nutritivo potencial del pasto estrella (Cynodon nlenfuensis, Vanderyst) (ING) , Uniciencia: Vol 4 No 1-2 (1987)
- Edgar Fallas, Rafael Arroyo, Eduardo Eduarte, Leonidas Villalobos, Fernando Mojica, Diego Aguirre, Efecto de la fertilización nitrogenada e intervalos de corte sobre el valor nutritivo potencial del pasto King grass (Pennisetum purpureum x Pennisetum typhoides). Durante la época lluviosa (ING) , Uniciencia: Vol 4 No 1-2 (1987)
- Diego Aguirre, Carlos Sáenz, Jorge Camacho, Rafael Arroyo, Manuel Amador, Analisis de algunos factores que afectan el comportamiento reproductivo de varias razas de cerdos en una piara comercial de la provincia de Heredia, Costa Rica , Uniciencia: Vol 6 No 1-2 (1989)
- Rafael Angel Arroyo, Eduardo Eduarte, Isabel Camacho, Leonidas Villalobos, Berny Quirós, Parámetros indicadores de valor nutritivo en cinco pastos tropicales en la época lluviosa en el trópico seco de Cota Rica , Uniciencia: Vol 14 No 1 (1997)