Digital preservation system
REVMAR has five means of preserving its publications (last updated 09 January 2020)*:
1. Internally, it has storage on external hard disks that update its bi-monthly content.
2. Institutional preservation, all articles of the magazine are deposited in the Repository of the National University, Costa Rica.
3. Long-term preservation, REVMAR has access to preserve its articles in CLOCKSS.
4. Long-term preservation, REVMAR participates in the PKP-PN initiative that allows for the deposit and preservation of its articles in LOCKSS.
5. Legal Preservation: According to Costa Rican legislation: Printing Law (No.32, July 12, 1902) and Law on Copyright and Related Rights (No. 6683, October 14, 1992, Art. 106); REVMAR makes a legal deposit of its published volumes and issues in the National System of Libraries (SINABI) in a PDF version.
In addition, the complete Journal is deposited (in its PDF version) in the profiles of REVMAR in Academia.
*This information was created for the Journal of Marine and Coastal Sciences. It is shared under the Licencia Creative Commons Atribución-NoComercial-CompartirIgual 4.0 Internacional.