Daniel Gallegos y el círculo de la violencia: propuesta para el abordaje del género dramático en el aula
Literature offers its readers infinite possibilities in meaning. It allows them to reconstruct stories and worlds, and to project or imaging themselves in various representations. I also allows them to step away so as to discover the otherness and so that each reader can discover himself.
Literature does not exist to comfort us or to keep a balance. It is otherwise; its purpose is to threaten the reader's balance, to shake him, to move him deeply, and to make him reflect.
This essay has several objectives: 1. to bring us near a Costa Rican writer of broad experience and who has had great influence in the country's theater: Daniel Gallegos; 2. to propose a form of analysis that will help students approach plays more easily and that will promote the reflection among them.
The analysis will be presented with the play El séptimo círculo (The Seventh Circle). This particular piece of writing was chosen because when humankind is immersed in such confusing times as we are now, when we are about to lose faith and hope, we need to stop and thing about the situation. Very complex truths can be found in terrible places and it is art's disturbing function (in this case, the theater) to keep reminding us of that.
Dante Alighieri, ( 1998) La Divina Comedia. Grandes genios de la literatura universal; España, 1998.
Dante Alighieri. (2002) La Divina Comedia. El Infierno. Ilustraciones de
Gustavo Doré .. Grupo Editorial Tomo, S.A., México.
Gallegos, Daniel. ( 1999) La casa y otras obras. Editorial Costa Rica, San José.
Pérez-Rioja, J.A. (1977) Diccionario de literatura universal. Editorial
Tecnos, Madrid, España.
Rojas, Margarita y Flora Ovares. (1993) 100 años de la literatura costarricense. Editorial Norma. San José, Costa Rica.
1. In case the submitted paper is accepted for publication, the author(s) FREELY, COSTLESS, EXCLUSIVELY AND FOR AN INDEFINITE TERM transfer copyrights and patrimonial rights to Universidad Nacional (UNA, Costa Rica). For more details check the Originality Statement and Copyright Transfer Agreement
2. REUTILIZATION RIGHTS: UNA authorizes authors to use, for any purpose (among them selfarchiving or autoarchiving) and to publish in the Internet in any electronic site, the paper´'s final version, both approved and published (post print), as long as it is done with a non commercial purpose, does not generate derivates without previous consentment and recognizes both publisher's name and authorship.
3. The submission and possible publication of the paper in the Educare Electronic Journal is ruled by the Journal’s editorial policies, the institutional rules of Universidad Nacional and the laws of the Republic of Costa Rica. Additionally, any possible difference of opinion or future dispute shall be settled in accordance with the mechanisms of Alternative Dispute Resolution and the Costa Rican Jurisdiction.
4. In all cases, it is understood that the opinions issued are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the position and opinion of Educare, CIDE or Universidad Nacional, Costa Rica.
5. The papers published by Educare Electronic Journal use a Creative Commons License:
Comentarios (ver términos de uso)
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Nuria Méndez Garita, Un acercamiento al cuento infantil desde la perspectiva de género. Estereotipos en el cuento infantil , Revista Electrónica Educare: No 7 (2004): Revista Electrónica Educare
- Sandra Ovares Barquero, Nuria Méndez Garita, Nancy Torres Victoria, Yadira Cerdas Rivera, La educación rural y sus desafíos en el siglo XXI , Revista Electrónica Educare: Vol 2 (2007): Revista Electrónica Educare (Extraordinario)