The Journal conducts a rigorous quality control at each stage of the editing process. For instance:
- The Chief Editor defines which articles have fullfilled the preliminary requirements and can be sent to plagiarism and selfplagiarism detection filter.
- Plagiarism and self plagiarism detection process is applied to every article.
- The Journal uses a double blind peer review.
- The Journal verifies if citations and references are constructed in accordance to the APA model.
- Approved articles will be reviewed by a specialist in philology.
- The parts of an approved article, written in English or Portuguese, will be reviewed by a translator.
- The approved articles will be typeset and laid out by a graphic designer.
- After the typset, layout and design are finished, a final version will be sent to the authors in order to receive their approval and filter undetected errors.
- The Journal guarantees access to material with best practices and ethical considerations.
One of the most important commitments of an academic center is to communicate its intellectual production. The Center for Research and Teaching in Education (CIDE) of the National University of Costa Rica establishes in its mission, the importance of feeding back the knowledge to trigger the qualitative improvement of education, in order to facilitate the development of human beings as active members of society. A key instrument to achieve that impact on society is a regular publication, with the necessary academic support. Therefore, from its inception, the Center has been concerned with maintaining communication with the national and international community through a Journal. That is the rationale of Educare, first published in July 2001.
First came the CIDE’s Communication Organ, beginning in 1986 and then the CIDE’s Journal, whose last number appeared in 1993. After a silence of almost eight years, a group of teachers met to outline a new publication with an updated vision, addressed to the universitary academics and students and to any professional who practices in national and international educational systems.
Thus was born Educare Journal. Its aim is to communicate the intellectual production from the Centre, as well as other national and international external collaborators’. Its purpose is to build educational thought in an interdisciplinary way and its thematic coverage is education in all disciplines.
In 2008 the Journal turns to its electronic format, published quarterly: the first issue, from January to April (uploaded during the third week of December). The second one, from May to August (uploaded on May the 1st.), and the third one, from September to December, is uploaded on September the 1st.