El sistema de evaluación de profesores en la Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Bogotá, Colombia
During the last ten years, the University has carried out several actions aimed at reaching high quality levels. One of the most important actions taken deals with the system for professor evaluation, which is also part of the general evaluation system implemented in the university not to seek control but to make all the necessary improvements. The professor evaluation system assesses academic and administrative performance, intellectual production and other achievements such as additional university degrees, participation in training courses, academic awards, and proficiency in other languages.
By means of the information obtained from evaluation processes and the incentives established in the Professor Regulations, both the scholars and the institution have implemented improvement actions that have created a new professor profile within the University: their dedication has increased considerably, thus allowing the establishment of a stable scientific teaching community; the teaching staff now has better and more graduate degrees; there is more intellectual production; and their awards have also increased substantially.
Pontificia Universidad Javeriana. (2000). Reglamento del profesorado.
1. In case the submitted paper is accepted for publication, the author(s) FREELY, COSTLESS, EXCLUSIVELY AND FOR AN INDEFINITE TERM transfer copyrights and patrimonial rights to Universidad Nacional (UNA, Costa Rica). For more details check the Originality Statement and Copyright Transfer Agreement
2. REUTILIZATION RIGHTS: UNA authorizes authors to use, for any purpose (among them selfarchiving or autoarchiving) and to publish in the Internet in any electronic site, the paper´'s final version, both approved and published (post print), as long as it is done with a non commercial purpose, does not generate derivates without previous consentment and recognizes both publisher's name and authorship.
3. The submission and possible publication of the paper in the Educare Electronic Journal is ruled by the Journal’s editorial policies, the institutional rules of Universidad Nacional and the laws of the Republic of Costa Rica. Additionally, any possible difference of opinion or future dispute shall be settled in accordance with the mechanisms of Alternative Dispute Resolution and the Costa Rican Jurisdiction.
4. In all cases, it is understood that the opinions issued are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the position and opinion of Educare, CIDE or Universidad Nacional, Costa Rica.
5. The papers published by Educare Electronic Journal use a Creative Commons License: