Chemical reageants management in laboratories of the Universidad Nacional
AbstractDuring years 2008-2009, a diagnostic regarding chemical reagents management (aspects related with; regulations, safety procedures, handle and storage conditions, etc) in teaching and research laboratories of the Universidad Nacional, was carried out. In order to collect such information different strategies/methodologies were used: 1) application of an interview and questionnaire to the laboratories’ personnel, 2)an inspection of the laboratories, 3) generation of chemical reagents database 4) work sessions with university management authorities and 5) interview with chemical products management personnel of public and private institutions .This study allowed to identify the actual conditions for the chemical reagents management at Universidad Nacional, for example; the different procedures for the segregation, storage, labeling and use of the chemicals, as well as the aspects related with; chemical database generation, material and safety equipment control, use of safety procedures, etc. Also, the study allowed to evaluate the existing management procedures executed by university authorities for handling them appropriately. As a conclusion, in order to conduct an adequate chemical reagents management at Universidad Nacional it is necessary to formulate and implement regulation (institutional procedures, protocols, etc) and the establishment of an university office in charge of all the chemical reagents management activities and procedures. Also is necessary to generate national regulations focused on university activities (chemical reagents management) as well as the existing for the industry chemical products control and regulation.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors guarantee the journal the right to be the first publication of the work as licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors can set separate additional agreements for non-exclusive distribution of the version of the work published in the journal (eg, place it in an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
3. The authors have declared to hold all permissions to use the resources they provided in the paper (images, tables, among others) and assume full responsibility for damages to third parties.
4. The opinions expressed in the paper are the exclusive responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the opinion of the editors or the Universidad Nacional.
Uniciencia Journal and all its productions are under Creative Commons Atribución-NoComercial-SinDerivadas 4.0 Unported.
There is neither fee for access nor Article Processing Charge (APC)
Comentarios (ver términos de uso)
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Francela María Bravo Chaves, Gilberto Piedra Marín, Lilliana Piedra Castro, Physico-chemical assessment of sediments of Tamarindo estuary and its tributaries, Guanacaste, Costa Rica , Uniciencia: Vol 26 No 1-2 (2012)
- Ritma Giordana Murillo Castillo, Gilberto Piedra Marín, Ramón G. León, Nutrient uptake by leaf , Uniciencia: Vol 27 No 1 (2013)