Evaluación de la pulpa de café deshidratada en pollos de engorde durante los periodos de iniciación y engorde (0-7 semanas) (ING)
Abstract204 one-day-old Indian River male chicks were distributed in a complete randomized design to evaluate the effect of different levels (0, 10, 20, 30%) of dehydrated coffee pulp (DCP) included in their diet during the starting (4 weeks) and finishing (3 weeks) periods. The diets were balanced isonitrogenous and isocaloric using a corn-soybean meal basal diet according to the animal nutritional requirements for each period. Feed and water were offered ad libitum. Weight gain, feed intake and feed conversion were evaluated. The results show that the use of DCP at levels over 20% of the diet of broilers in both periods had negative effects on feed intake, weight gain and feed conversion. It can be concluded also that the animals develop a higher capacity of DCP utilization as they grow older and that the highest level of DCP that can be included in both the starter and finisher diets of boilers with no negative effects on their performance is between 3.75 and 19.50% of the diet.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors guarantee the journal the right to be the first publication of the work as licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors can set separate additional agreements for non-exclusive distribution of the version of the work published in the journal (eg, place it in an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
3. The authors have declared to hold all permissions to use the resources they provided in the paper (images, tables, among others) and assume full responsibility for damages to third parties.
4. The opinions expressed in the paper are the exclusive responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the opinion of the editors or the Universidad Nacional.
Uniciencia Journal and all its productions are under Creative Commons Atribución-NoComercial-SinDerivadas 4.0 Unported.
There is neither fee for access nor Article Processing Charge (APC)
Comentarios (ver términos de uso)
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- German Rivera C., Fabio Blanco R., Hernán Rodríguez N., Enfermedades más comunes de la raicilla (Cephaelis ipecacuanha Rich) en Costa Rica y recomendaciones para su cultivo (ING) , Uniciencia: Vol 8 No 1 (1991)