Gametogénesis y desove de chione subrugosa (Wood, 1928) (Bivalvia veneridae) en el golfo de Nicoya, Costa Rica. (ING)
The reproductive cycle of a population of the clam Chione subrugosa was studied by means of histological methods and index of condition. The percentage of females and males was 41,7: 58,3, respectively. There was no evidence of hermaphroditism; the period of greatest spawning activity was in June, October and February. The index of condition reflected appropriately gonadic development in Ch. Subrugosa. A low increment in the temperature and a strong decrease in the salinity coincided with the spaw ning peaks.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors guarantee the journal the right to be the first publication of the work as licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors can set separate additional agreements for non-exclusive distribution of the version of the work published in the journal (eg, place it in an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
3. The authors have declared to hold all permissions to use the resources they provided in the paper (images, tables, among others) and assume full responsibility for damages to third parties.
4. The opinions expressed in the paper are the exclusive responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the opinion of the editors or the Universidad Nacional.
Uniciencia Journal and all its productions are under Creative Commons Atribución-NoComercial-SinDerivadas 4.0 Unported.
There is neither fee for access nor Article Processing Charge (APC)
Comentarios (ver términos de uso)
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Rafael A. Cruz, Revisión taxonómica sobre la familia Arcidae , Uniciencia: Vol 2 No 1 (1985)
- Rafael A. Cruz, José A. Courrau, Condicion y ciclo reproductivo de la almeja anodontites trapesialis glaucus (Bivalvia mycetodidae , Uniciencia: Vol 3 No 1 (1986)