Movilidad de Aspergillus flavus link ex fries en mazorcas de cinco genotipos de maiz (Zea Mays L.) empleando tres métodos de inoculación (ING)
Three inoculation techniques for evaluating reaction of corn to kernel infection by Aspergillus flavus were tested in the field of five different genotypes. Inoculations were made 20 days after midsilk stage, using 0.5 ml of 105 conidial suspensions. The methods were: a) injection of small amounts of inoculum in each kernel of a vertical row (M1); b) injection in the first well developed kernels around the top part of the ear (M2); c) injection of inoculum in the kernels at the lower part of the ear, forming a semicircle (M3). Two weeks after inoculation ears were harvested, and kernels not wounded were separated according to its position to the inoculated kernels, then surface sterilized and planted on PDA, to determine the infection percentage. M1 and M2 were found very efficient because they produced higher infection levels. M1 is considered the best because it provided a larger number of kernels for assay and was easy to use. No statistical difference was found among genotypes.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors guarantee the journal the right to be the first publication of the work as licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors can set separate additional agreements for non-exclusive distribution of the version of the work published in the journal (eg, place it in an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
3. The authors have declared to hold all permissions to use the resources they provided in the paper (images, tables, among others) and assume full responsibility for damages to third parties.
4. The opinions expressed in the paper are the exclusive responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the opinion of the editors or the Universidad Nacional.
Uniciencia Journal and all its productions are under Creative Commons Atribución-NoComercial-SinDerivadas 4.0 Unported.
There is neither fee for access nor Article Processing Charge (APC)
Comentarios (ver términos de uso)
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Miguel Quesada, German Rivera, Fabio Blanco, Carlos Araya, Estudio de la eficacia de cuatro métodos de inoculación artificial con aspergillus flavus link Ex fries en seis genotipos de maíz (Zea Mays L) bajo condición de campo. (ING) , Uniciencia: Vol 3 No 1 (1986)