Efecto de las distancias de siembra en la Ipecacuana o Raicilla (Cephaelis ipecacuanha Rich.) (ING)
An experiment was performed to determine the appropriate planting distances of Ipecac plants (Cephaelis ipecacuanha Rich) grown under a tropical rain forest canopy. Plant survival at the uprooting age (2 ½ years) and dry root weight was found to be influenced by planting distances. The percentage of surviving plants increased linearly (P< 0.01) as distance between rows or between plants within a row increased. Three criteria useful to choose planting distances of Ipecac are discussed: 1)age and size of the plants at the uprooting time; 2)spread of structures of fungi known to infect this crop in Costa Rica as a consequence of heavy rain drops striking infected soil or plant tissue; 3)the benefit/cost ratio. Planting distances of 20.0 cm between rows and 7.5 cm between plants yielded the highest dry root weight and thus are recommended, but longer distances between rows should be tested.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors guarantee the journal the right to be the first publication of the work as licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors can set separate additional agreements for non-exclusive distribution of the version of the work published in the journal (eg, place it in an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
3. The authors have declared to hold all permissions to use the resources they provided in the paper (images, tables, among others) and assume full responsibility for damages to third parties.
4. The opinions expressed in the paper are the exclusive responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the opinion of the editors or the Universidad Nacional.
Uniciencia Journal and all its productions are under Creative Commons Atribución-NoComercial-SinDerivadas 4.0 Unported.
There is neither fee for access nor Article Processing Charge (APC)
Comentarios (ver términos de uso)
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- German Rivera C., Fabio Blanco R., Hernán Rodríguez N., Enfermedades más comunes de la raicilla (Cephaelis ipecacuanha Rich) en Costa Rica y recomendaciones para su cultivo (ING) , Uniciencia: Vol 8 No 1 (1991)