Fenologia y desarrollo de las agallas de las ramas del guisaro (Psidium guineense Swartz) (Myrtaceae) y su relación con varias especies de Microhimenopteros en Heredia, Costa Rica.
Development of the stem galls of Psidium guineense and phenology of four species of micro hymenopteran wasps that inhabited the galls were studied during 17 months (April 1985 to August 1986) in a natural population of Psidium in Barva, Heredia Province, Costa Rica.
Gall formation started in July, their number progressively increasing until December of the same year. A new period of gall formation started in July of the following year. The variations in size and external appearance of the galls, as well as the pattern of wasp emergence, suggest that the galls pass through three stages during their development which are described in detail.
The wasps emerged from the galls between October and July of the following year. Four species of micro hymenopterans emerged (in order of Abundance): Chrysonotomya sp. (Eulophidae), Sycophila (= Eudecatoma) sp. (Eurytomidae), Torymoides (= Dimeromicrus) sp. And Torymus sp. (Torymidae). Chrysonotomya sp had a peak of emergence in May and probably is the gall maker. The other species had their peaks of emergence in April and are probably parasitoids on Chrysonotomya sp.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors guarantee the journal the right to be the first publication of the work as licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors can set separate additional agreements for non-exclusive distribution of the version of the work published in the journal (eg, place it in an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
3. The authors have declared to hold all permissions to use the resources they provided in the paper (images, tables, among others) and assume full responsibility for damages to third parties.
4. The opinions expressed in the paper are the exclusive responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the opinion of the editors or the Universidad Nacional.
Uniciencia Journal and all its productions are under Creative Commons Atribución-NoComercial-SinDerivadas 4.0 Unported.
There is neither fee for access nor Article Processing Charge (APC)
Comentarios (ver términos de uso)
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Víctor Ml. Cartín, Edgar Suárez, Comparación de métodos estadísticos para la determinación del patrón de distribución de Psidium guineense Swartz (Myrtaceae) , Uniciencia: Vol 8 No 1 (1991)