Estudio comparativo de la polinizacion natural y artificial de la manzana cultivar Ana (Malus sp.) en una región alta de Costa Rica (ING)
Comparative study of natural and artificial pollination in trees of the Apple cultivar Anna (Malus sp.). Four pollination treatments were compared on three-year old apple trees of the Anna cultivar, in a high land (1.500 meters above sea level) of Costa Rica. The treatments were as follows: 1. Hand pollination with pollen from Jonathan variety, brought from abroad, 2. Hand pollination with locally collected pollen from Noyle variety (also known as Quintanilla), 3. Natural pollination and 4. Self pollination. The hand pollination treatments surpassed the others as to the number of seeds per fruit and in the effective fruiting rate and yield; moreover, 80% of their fruits were normal in shape, whereas the other treatments showed only 10% of their fruits with that characteristic. Germination tests indicated that 53% of pollen grains from Jonathan variety germinated as compared to 74% for local pollen, wich was in accordance with the latter obtaining a higher number of seeds per fruit and a higher fruiting rate and yield.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors guarantee the journal the right to be the first publication of the work as licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors can set separate additional agreements for non-exclusive distribution of the version of the work published in the journal (eg, place it in an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
3. The authors have declared to hold all permissions to use the resources they provided in the paper (images, tables, among others) and assume full responsibility for damages to third parties.
4. The opinions expressed in the paper are the exclusive responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the opinion of the editors or the Universidad Nacional.
Uniciencia Journal and all its productions are under Creative Commons Atribución-NoComercial-SinDerivadas 4.0 Unported.
There is neither fee for access nor Article Processing Charge (APC)
Comentarios (ver términos de uso)
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Héctor Julio Zúñiga, Marcia Baraona, Alberto Ortiz Mora, Insectos visitadores de las flores de la manzana (Malus sp.) en una región alta de Costa Rica , Uniciencia: Vol 7 No 1 (1990)