Efecto de la sustitucion del maiz por citropulpa y cascarilla de arroz en la alimentacion de pollos de engorde (ING)
360 one-day-old, straight-run Indian River chicks were distributed in a complete randomized design to determine the effect of the substitution of corn for citropulpa (CP) or rice husk (RH) in their diet, during the starting (28 days) and finishing (21 days) periods. Water and feed were offered ad libitum.
The diets used were: a) commercial feed (control), b) 5% citrus pulp (70% coffee pulp + 30% citrus pulp) and c) 5% rice husk in the diet and weght gain (g/bird/day), feed intake (g/bird/day), feed conversion and carcass yield (%) were evaluated in both periods. In addition, an economical analysis was carried out.
The results show that the group of birds fed with RH presented the largest weight gain and feed intake. The best feed conversion was in the control group and there were significative statistical differences (P≤0, 05) between treatments during the starting period for this variable.
The birds fed with the RH showed the largest carcass yield followed by the control and the CP groups.
Related to the economical analysis, the group fed with RH presented the best results in terms of profit/bird and the CP group the worst.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors guarantee the journal the right to be the first publication of the work as licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors can set separate additional agreements for non-exclusive distribution of the version of the work published in the journal (eg, place it in an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
3. The authors have declared to hold all permissions to use the resources they provided in the paper (images, tables, among others) and assume full responsibility for damages to third parties.
4. The opinions expressed in the paper are the exclusive responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the opinion of the editors or the Universidad Nacional.
Uniciencia Journal and all its productions are under Creative Commons Atribución-NoComercial-SinDerivadas 4.0 Unported.
There is neither fee for access nor Article Processing Charge (APC)
Comentarios (ver términos de uso)
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- José Rodríguez Zelaya, Diego Aguirre Rosales, Olga Flora Hidalgo Villegas, Análisis de indicadores de rendimiento biológico y económico en la producción de dos híbridos de pollos de engorde alimentados con tres alimentos comerciales (ING) , Uniciencia: Vol 10 No 1 (1993)
- Diego Aguirre Rosales, Luis Borbón Vílchez, José Rodríguez Zelaya, Efecto de diferentes niveles de proteina en la dieta de pollos de engorde sobre su rendimiento biológico y económico (ING) , Uniciencia: Vol 11 No 1 (1994)
- José Rodríguez Zelaya, Diego Aguirre Rosales, Olger Benavides Riverra, Efecto de cuatro niveles de pulpa de café en alimentación de gallinas ponedoras (Iniciación-Desarrollo) (ING) , Uniciencia: Vol 11 No 1 (1994)