Estudio sobre manejo de suelos y calidad de aguas en la zona sur de San Bosco - Santa Barbara, Heredia (ING)
Undue soil use without considering its productive potential and the ignorance or lack of interest of producers to implant soil conservation and management practices, are causing serious degradation problems on agricultural land.
Considering that the Universidad National develops a program to recover the Río Segundo Basin, it was decided to carry out a diagnostic that shows the problems related with the soil and water use and management, in 17 small farms in San Bosco of Santa Bárbara, Heredia.
It was found that soils of the zone present suitable physical and chemical characteristics for agricultural production. However its present management system as well as relief and slope factors are causing soil losses.
It was determined that the chemical water quality is acceptable but it is biologically inacceptable. The soil characteristics and the irregular topography determine the need to establish soil management systems which protect its agricultural potential, especially when an irrigation project begins in this zone.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors guarantee the journal the right to be the first publication of the work as licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors can set separate additional agreements for non-exclusive distribution of the version of the work published in the journal (eg, place it in an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
3. The authors have declared to hold all permissions to use the resources they provided in the paper (images, tables, among others) and assume full responsibility for damages to third parties.
4. The opinions expressed in the paper are the exclusive responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the opinion of the editors or the Universidad Nacional.
Uniciencia Journal and all its productions are under Creative Commons Atribución-NoComercial-SinDerivadas 4.0 Unported.
There is neither fee for access nor Article Processing Charge (APC)
Comentarios (ver términos de uso)
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Edgar Fallas, Rafael Arroyo, Eduardo Eduarte, Leonidas Villalobos, Fernando Mojica, Diego Aguirre, Efecto de la fertilización nitrogenada e intervalos de corte sobre el valor nutritivo potencial del pasto King grass (Pennisetum purpureum x Pennisetum typhoides). Durante la época lluviosa (ING) , Uniciencia: Vol 4 No 1-2 (1987)