Respuesta de un mutante semi-enano de arroz (Oryza sativa L.) a la aplicación de ácido giberelico (ING)
In this investigation the effect of giberelic acid (AG3) on the capacity of elongation of the nodes of a semi-dwarf mutant of rice, 2B-95, was studied. The height of this mutant was in the range between 65 and 90 cm and it was obtained by gamma irradiation (Co-60) from a tall variety, WS, with an average height of 165 cm. As an additional control, the semi-dwarf variety CR-1113 was also used. The work was carried out under conditions in vitro applying the AG3 in concentrations of 0,20, 30 and 40 ppm. The answer of the mutant and of the other two genotypes to the exogenous application of the hormone was assessed by measuring the longitude of the sheath of the second leaf emerged after the germination of the seed according to a special modification of the methodology of HARADA and VERGARA (1971).
The results indicate that the genotypes WS and CR-1113 were stimulated by all concentrations of AG3, while in the mutant semi-dwarf 2B-95 the effect was only significant (P<0,05) in the concentrations of 20 and 30 ppm. The concentrations of 40 ppm in this genotype did not activate the genetic system linked with the metabolism of the AG3.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors guarantee the journal the right to be the first publication of the work as licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors can set separate additional agreements for non-exclusive distribution of the version of the work published in the journal (eg, place it in an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
3. The authors have declared to hold all permissions to use the resources they provided in the paper (images, tables, among others) and assume full responsibility for damages to third parties.
4. The opinions expressed in the paper are the exclusive responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the opinion of the editors or the Universidad Nacional.
Uniciencia Journal and all its productions are under Creative Commons Atribución-NoComercial-SinDerivadas 4.0 Unported.
There is neither fee for access nor Article Processing Charge (APC)
Comentarios (ver términos de uso)
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Rafael Orozco, Cristina López, Víctor González, Alfredo Carballo, Efecto de la edad al trasplante y de la concentración de azúcar in vitro sobre la adaptación y el crecimiento de vitroplantas de papa (Solanum tuberosum L.) vars. atlantic y 1625 frito lay en invernadero. (ING) , Uniciencia: Vol 14 No 1 (1997)
- Rafael Orozco, Cristina López, Víctor González, Alfredo Carballo, Efecto de la temperatura sobre el crecimiento de plantas de papa (Solanum tuberosum L.), variedades atlantic 1625 frito lay, crecidas in vitro , Uniciencia: Vol 17 No 1 (2000)