Graduación y deserción en la escuela de matemática de la UNA Cohortes 1995 a 1998
The efficiency of the graduation processes and the time spent at the university have a special importance with regard to both the accreditation processes of the different academic programs that train specialist in the country as well as the lack of economic resources assigned to education.The methodology used appears to be very effective in this kind of analysis. It not only allows one to evaluate the main statistical tests but also to analyze student desertion in these processes. For this academic program the results are discouraging, since less than 30% of incoming students actually complete a university degree. Moreover, only 12% of the students obtain a Bachelor degree. These data should encourage the people in charge of these academic programs to evaluate their institution, since these percentages of student desertions are too high. However students take an average of 4 or 5 years to obtain the “Profesorado” or Bachelor. In this regard the program is successful because the time spent is low compared to degrees conferred in other programs at public universities in Costa Rica.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors guarantee the journal the right to be the first publication of the work as licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors can set separate additional agreements for non-exclusive distribution of the version of the work published in the journal (eg, place it in an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
3. The authors have declared to hold all permissions to use the resources they provided in the paper (images, tables, among others) and assume full responsibility for damages to third parties.
4. The opinions expressed in the paper are the exclusive responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the opinion of the editors or the Universidad Nacional.
Uniciencia Journal and all its productions are under Creative Commons Atribución-NoComercial-SinDerivadas 4.0 Unported.
There is neither fee for access nor Article Processing Charge (APC)
Comentarios (ver términos de uso)
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Edwin Chaves Esquivel, Semejanzas y diferencias por región en la educación: El caso de la educación matemática (ING) , Uniciencia: Vol 20 No 1 (2003)
- Edwin Chaves Esquivel, Debilidades en los programas que forman docentes en educación matemática: percepción de los actores (ING) , Uniciencia: Vol 20 No 1 (2003)