The Journey to Action Research as a Construction and Transformation Process: An Experience with Volunteers from the Kadosh Ministry
AbstractThis paper describes an action research process aimed at complementing the development of the project between the researcher and a team of 21 volunteers working with kids below the age of 9 at the Kadosh Ministry. The paper describes the journey taken, the actions accomplished, and the findings and learning experiences acquired regarding the integral development of children. The author also mentions the methodological implications of realizing this research project based on a naturalist paradigm stand point. Photo cameras, voice recorders and diverse written materials were used as instruments for collecting information. As part of the construction process associated to the researcher’s role, the process started from a vertical learning standpoint and later evolved towards an epistemological and ontological horizontal-circular relationship between participants, reflecting the new group intervention and interaction positions. These positions were not easy to establish but were achieved through dialog, friendship, conviviality and common interests. Acknowledging ourselves as participants of this process, as owners of knowledge and individuals capable of building paths has been the greatest learning experience and motivation to continue forward.
Flick, U. (2007). Introducción a la investigación cualitativa (2ª ed.). Madrid: Ediciones Morata y Fundación Paideia Galiza.
Freire, P. (2005). La educación como práctica de libertad. Buenos Aires: Siglo XXI Editores Argentina.
Freire, P. (2007). Cartas a quien pretende enseñar (4ª reimp.). Buenos Aires: Siglo XXI.
Gale, D., Robbins, B. y Tollin, M. (Productores) y Carter, T. (Director). (2005). Entrenador Carter [Película]. Estados Unidos: Paramount Pictures. Recuperado de https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BygHQLsbcg
Katz, L. (2005). Perspectivas educativas en la primera infancia. Santiago: Organización Mundial para la Educación Preescolar.
Latorre, A. (2003). La investigación-acción. Conocer y cambiar la práctica educativa. Barcelona: Graó.
Ministerio de Educación Pública. (2007). Ventanas al mundo infantil (2 reimp.). San José, Costa Rica: Editorial ICER.
Sánchez, F. (3 de agosto de 2007). Algunas reflexiones sobre el camino. [Mensaje en un blog]. Recuperado de http://elcaminodelnorte.obolog.com/reflexiones-camino-20741
1. In case the submitted paper is accepted for publication, the author(s) FREELY, COSTLESS, EXCLUSIVELY AND FOR AN INDEFINITE TERM transfer copyrights and patrimonial rights to Universidad Nacional (UNA, Costa Rica). For more details check the Originality Statement and Copyright Transfer Agreement
2. REUTILIZATION RIGHTS: UNA authorizes authors to use, for any purpose (among them selfarchiving or autoarchiving) and to publish in the Internet in any electronic site, the paper´'s final version, both approved and published (post print), as long as it is done with a non commercial purpose, does not generate derivates without previous consentment and recognizes both publisher's name and authorship.
3. The submission and possible publication of the paper in the Educare Electronic Journal is ruled by the Journal’s editorial policies, the institutional rules of Universidad Nacional and the laws of the Republic of Costa Rica. Additionally, any possible difference of opinion or future dispute shall be settled in accordance with the mechanisms of Alternative Dispute Resolution and the Costa Rican Jurisdiction.
4. In all cases, it is understood that the opinions issued are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the position and opinion of Educare, CIDE or Universidad Nacional, Costa Rica.
5. The papers published by Educare Electronic Journal use a Creative Commons License: