Variación mensual del índice de gonadosomatico de Colossoma macropomum relacionado a factores ambientales en Cañas, Costa Rica (ING)
The monthly variation of the gonadosomatic index of Colossoma macropomum in ponds was determined. Monthly, from September 1993 to September 1994, gonad samples of ten individuals were weighed and preserved for histology. Other parameters (precipitation, water temperature and oxygen concentration were taken during all the experimental period.The Gonadosomatic Index (GI) increases rapidly from April to May, remains high from June to August, decreases again from September to November and the lowest values were observed from December to March. The ovarian maduration started one month after the first precipitation was registered (April) and the gonadal regression was related with the minimum monthly precipitation (November), with gonadal quiescency during the dry period from November to March. The values of the gonadosomatic index in males showed the same pattern. Other parameters (water temperature and oxygen concentration) were apparently not related to the gonadosomatic index, probably because of the very small variation during all year.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors guarantee the journal the right to be the first publication of the work as licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors can set separate additional agreements for non-exclusive distribution of the version of the work published in the journal (eg, place it in an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
3. The authors have declared to hold all permissions to use the resources they provided in the paper (images, tables, among others) and assume full responsibility for damages to third parties.
4. The opinions expressed in the paper are the exclusive responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the opinion of the editors or the Universidad Nacional.
Uniciencia Journal and all its productions are under Creative Commons Atribución-NoComercial-SinDerivadas 4.0 Unported.
There is neither fee for access nor Article Processing Charge (APC)
Comentarios (ver términos de uso)
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Jorge Günther, Jorge Boza, Nazira Gálvez, Crecimiento de Colossoma macropomum en estanques de tierra en dependencia de la densidad. (ING) , Uniciencia: Vol 14 No 1 (1997)
- Jorge Günther, Jorge Boza, Crecimiento comparativo de las especies de robalo del pacifico costarricense cultivado en jaulas. , Uniciencia: Vol 15 No 1 (1998)