System detection and automatic classification of pollen grain applies technical digital imaging process
This paper show the current state of a computer system that will allow the recognition and taxonomic classification of pollen grains of some of the most important tropical honey plants in Costa Rica using techniques of pre and post processing of digital images. The digital system uses filters on the images allowing it to detect and highlights its features and contour. Afterwards it is parametrized and finally a system of neuronal interconnections is used for the automatic recognition of pollen grains. The idea behind the implementation of a computer program is to move from a qualitative to a quantitative paradigm, using different mathematical tools and artificial intelligence in a way that can speed the process of recognition and classification of pollen grains. Using the PCA and the Sum at the outputs (CA) of 30 networks were able to obtain a success rate of 91,67 ± 3,13 which is highly promisisng for the purpose of the automatic classification system.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors guarantee the journal the right to be the first publication of the work as licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors can set separate additional agreements for non-exclusive distribution of the version of the work published in the journal (eg, place it in an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
3. The authors have declared to hold all permissions to use the resources they provided in the paper (images, tables, among others) and assume full responsibility for damages to third parties.
4. The opinions expressed in the paper are the exclusive responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the opinion of the editors or the Universidad Nacional.
Uniciencia Journal and all its productions are under Creative Commons Atribución-NoComercial-SinDerivadas 4.0 Unported.
There is neither fee for access nor Article Processing Charge (APC)
Comentarios (ver términos de uso)
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Jorge Arroyo Hernández, Ronny Gamboa Araya, Randall Hidalgo Mora, Promotion and diffusion of tha career Bachelor and Licenciature of Mathematics Teaching in rural areas of Costa Rica project: effects and results , Uniciencia: Vol 26 No 1-2 (2012)
- Melvin Ramírez Bogantes, Carlos M. Travieso González, Rafael Ángel Calderón, Jorge Arroyo Hernández, Oscar Salas Huertas, Federico Mora Mora, Juan Pablo Prendas Rojas, Detection and objects tracking present in 2D digital video with Matlab , Uniciencia: Vol 27 No 2 (2013)