Promotion and diffusion of tha career Bachelor and Licenciature of Mathematics Teaching in rural areas of Costa Rica project: effects and results
AbstractThis article describes the purpose and activities of the project Promoting Mathematics Education in Rural Areas of Costa Rica. The activity has focused on two objectives. First, supporting and monitoring students who have expressed interest in studying a mathematics teacher. To achieve this, it has been working with students who have an ideal profile for the career, mainly from rural areas. The second objective is to conduct training workshops for high school in-service teachers, to strengthen and improve their knowledge in the area of mathematics. Among the results of the project, it can be highlighted a significant increase in the enrollment of students in the career of Mathematics Education in 2010 and 2011, and the training processes in the field of Real Functions of Real Variable and Geometry at different regional areas mostly rural as Aguirre, Sarapiquí, Coto, Buenos Aires, Limón, Cañas, Pérez Zeledón, Nicoya, Los Santos, Turrialba, Puriscal, Desamparados, San Carlos, Puntarenas, Limón, Liberia, Santa Cruz y Upala.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors retain copyright and guaranteeing the magazine the right to be the first publication of the work as licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this magazine.
2. Authors can set separate additional agreements for non-exclusive distribution of the version of the work published in the journal (eg, place it in an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
Uniciencia Journal and all its productions are under Creative Commons Atribución-NoComercial-SinDerivadas 4.0 Unported.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Ronny Gamboa Araya, Esteban Ballestero Alfaro, The Students’ Perspective of Geometry Teaching and Learning in High School , Revista Electrónica Educare: Vol 14 No 2 (2010): Revista Electrónica Educare (julio-diciembre)
- Ronny Gamboa Araya, Gender Equality in Mathematics Education? , Revista Electrónica Educare: Vol 16 No 1 (2012): Revista Electrónica Educare (enero-abril)
- Jorge Arroyo Hernández, Carlos M. Travieso González, Jaime Ticay Rivas, Federico Mora Mora, Oscar Salas Huertas, Melvin Ramírez Bogantes, Luis Sánchez Chavez, System detection and automatic classification of pollen grain applies technical digital imaging process , Uniciencia: Vol 27 No 1 (2013)
- Gilberto Vargas Vargas, Ronny Gamboa Araya, The Van Hiele model and the teaching of the geometry , Uniciencia: Vol 27 No 1 (2013)
- Gilberto Vargas Vargas, Ronny Gamboa Araya, The teaching of the Pythagorean theorem: classroom experience with the use of geogebra according to Van Hiele model , Uniciencia: Vol 27 No 1 (2013)
- Mario Castillo Sánchez, Ronny Gamboa Araya, Educational research and research in Mathematics Education , Uniciencia: Vol 27 No 2 (2013)
- Melvin Ramírez Bogantes, Carlos M. Travieso González, Rafael Ángel Calderón, Jorge Arroyo Hernández, Oscar Salas Huertas, Federico Mora Mora, Juan Pablo Prendas Rojas, Detection and objects tracking present in 2D digital video with Matlab , Uniciencia: Vol 27 No 2 (2013)
- Ronny Gamboa Araya, Relationship between Affective Dimension and Math Learning , Revista Electrónica Educare: Vol 18, No 2 (2014): Revista Electrónica Educare (mayo-agosto)