The Van Hiele model and the teaching of the geometry
AbstractThis article discusses the application of the model of Van Hiele geometric reasoning and the teaching of geometry. It reflects on the importance of studying geometry and what this means for modern society, analyzing also the conceptions and difficulties that exist in the form of teaching and learning geometry. Introduce the Van Hiele model explaining the evolution of geometric reasoning through five consecutive levels and the support given, by its five stages, to the organization of the curriculum and a comparison with the development theory of Piaget.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors guarantee the journal the right to be the first publication of the work as licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors can set separate additional agreements for non-exclusive distribution of the version of the work published in the journal (eg, place it in an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
3. The authors have declared to hold all permissions to use the resources they provided in the paper (images, tables, among others) and assume full responsibility for damages to third parties.
4. The opinions expressed in the paper are the exclusive responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the opinion of the editors or the Universidad Nacional.
Uniciencia Journal and all its productions are under Creative Commons Atribución-NoComercial-SinDerivadas 4.0 Unported.
There is neither fee for access nor Article Processing Charge (APC)
Comentarios (ver términos de uso)
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Ronny Gamboa Araya, Esteban Ballestero Alfaro, The Students’ Perspective of Geometry Teaching and Learning in High School , Revista Electrónica Educare: Vol 14 No 2 (2010): Revista Electrónica Educare (julio-diciembre)
- Ronny Gamboa Araya, Gender Equality in Mathematics Education? , Revista Electrónica Educare: Vol 16 No 1 (2012): Revista Electrónica Educare (enero-abril)
- Jorge Arroyo Hernández, Ronny Gamboa Araya, Randall Hidalgo Mora, Promotion and diffusion of tha career Bachelor and Licenciature of Mathematics Teaching in rural areas of Costa Rica project: effects and results , Uniciencia: Vol 26 No 1-2 (2012)
- Gilberto Vargas Vargas, Ronny Gamboa Araya, The teaching of the Pythagorean theorem: classroom experience with the use of geogebra according to Van Hiele model , Uniciencia: Vol 27 No 1 (2013)
- Mario Castillo Sánchez, Ronny Gamboa Araya, Educational research and research in Mathematics Education , Uniciencia: Vol 27 No 2 (2013)
- Ronny Gamboa Araya, Relationship between Affective Dimension and Math Learning , Revista Electrónica Educare: Vol 18, No 2 (2014): Revista Electrónica Educare (mayo-agosto)