Educational research and research in Mathematics Education
AbstractThis report corresponds to a literature review whose aims to present the point of view of different authors on the concept of Education, to establish the relationship between Science Education, Pedagogy and Education as well as to show the role that of the philosophy of Education in this process. It also analyze the role of research in the field of Education and Mathematics Education. In this context, education is conceived as an ongoing and dynamic process that gives tools for personal fulfillment and his conscious insertion in a social world by promoting rules, behaviors, knowledge, school content and values, among others, according to the cultural environment in which it is immersed. After giving an overview of research in education, we conclude that research in mathematics in the education plays a role. We recommended that an eclectic vision that leads to an integration of quantitative and qualitative research methods to understand the learning process of mathematics teaching. Educational research and research in Mathematics Education
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors retain copyright and guaranteeing the magazine the right to be the first publication of the work as licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this magazine.
2. Authors can set separate additional agreements for non-exclusive distribution of the version of the work published in the journal (eg, place it in an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
Uniciencia Journal and all its productions are under Creative Commons Atribución-NoComercial-SinDerivadas 4.0 Unported.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Ronny Gamboa Araya, Esteban Ballestero Alfaro, The Students’ Perspective of Geometry Teaching and Learning in High School , Revista Electrónica Educare: Vol 14 No 2 (2010): Revista Electrónica Educare (julio-diciembre)
- Ronny Gamboa Araya, Gender Equality in Mathematics Education? , Revista Electrónica Educare: Vol 16 No 1 (2012): Revista Electrónica Educare (enero-abril)
- Jorge Arroyo Hernández, Ronny Gamboa Araya, Randall Hidalgo Mora, Promotion and diffusion of tha career Bachelor and Licenciature of Mathematics Teaching in rural areas of Costa Rica project: effects and results , Uniciencia: Vol 26 No 1-2 (2012)
- Jennifer Fonseca Castro, Mario Castillo Sánchez, Mathematics Teachers Preparation: Relevant Aspects , Uniciencia: Vol 27 No 1 (2013)
- Gilberto Vargas Vargas, Ronny Gamboa Araya, The Van Hiele model and the teaching of the geometry , Uniciencia: Vol 27 No 1 (2013)
- Gilberto Vargas Vargas, Ronny Gamboa Araya, The teaching of the Pythagorean theorem: classroom experience with the use of geogebra according to Van Hiele model , Uniciencia: Vol 27 No 1 (2013)
- Ronny Gamboa Araya, Relationship between Affective Dimension and Math Learning , Revista Electrónica Educare: Vol 18, No 2 (2014): Revista Electrónica Educare (mayo-agosto)