Efecto de la época y el pastoreo sobre el valor nutritivo potencial del pasto estrella (Cynodon nlenfuensis, Vanderyst) (ING)
A grazing experiment was conducted at “Santa Lucía” Research Farm, Heredia, Costa Rica, on African Star Grass (Cynodon nlenfuensis, Vanderyst) from July 1982 to December 1983. The pastures were established in 1979 on a Typic Dystrandept soil. The annual precipitation for the region was 2000 mm and 19.7°C annual average temperature. The stand received 150kg of N/ha in even applications after each grazing during the rainy season. The animals were rotated in a system with 3-d grazing period and 28-d or 35-d rest period for the rainy and dry season, respectively, with a stocking rate of 3.5 AU/ha.
Crude protein (% CP), dry matter (%DM), Neutral detergent fiber (%NDF) and in vitro dry matter digestibility were analyzed (IVDMD). The results showed that %CP. %DM and IVDMD were affected significantly (P≤0.05) by season and grazing (before/after) NDF was affected by grazing but not by season.
Based upon this experience it is recommended, to study optimum defoliation rates and adequate grazing and rest period in order to achieve maximum voluntary intake by the grazing herd through the year.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors guarantee the journal the right to be the first publication of the work as licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors can set separate additional agreements for non-exclusive distribution of the version of the work published in the journal (eg, place it in an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
3. The authors have declared to hold all permissions to use the resources they provided in the paper (images, tables, among others) and assume full responsibility for damages to third parties.
4. The opinions expressed in the paper are the exclusive responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the opinion of the editors or the Universidad Nacional.
Uniciencia Journal and all its productions are under Creative Commons Atribución-NoComercial-SinDerivadas 4.0 Unported.
There is neither fee for access nor Article Processing Charge (APC)
Comentarios (ver términos de uso)
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Edgar Fallas, Rafael Arroyo, Eduardo Eduarte, Leonidas Villalobos, Fernando Mojica, Diego Aguirre, Efecto de la fertilización nitrogenada e intervalos de corte sobre el valor nutritivo potencial del pasto King grass (Pennisetum purpureum x Pennisetum typhoides). Durante la época lluviosa (ING) , Uniciencia: Vol 4 No 1-2 (1987)
- Diego Aguirre, Carlos Sáenz, Jorge Camacho, Rafael Arroyo, Manuel Amador, Analisis de algunos factores que afectan el comportamiento reproductivo de varias razas de cerdos en una piara comercial de la provincia de Heredia, Costa Rica , Uniciencia: Vol 6 No 1-2 (1989)
- Marvin Arce, Eduardo Eduarte, Rafael Arroyo, José Rodríguez, Carlos Sáenz, Efecto de diferentes niveles de D.L Metionina sobre la utilización de la pulpa de café en dietas para pollos de engorde (ING) , Uniciencia: Vol 6 No 1-2 (1989)
- Rafael Angel Arroyo, Eduardo Eduarte, Isabel Camacho, Leonidas Villalobos, Berny Quirós, Parámetros indicadores de valor nutritivo en cinco pastos tropicales en la época lluviosa en el trópico seco de Cota Rica , Uniciencia: Vol 14 No 1 (1997)