Growth of jaguar cichlid (Cichlasoma managuense) juveniles at different oxygen levels
The dependence of growth on the disolved oxygen level was analyzed in juveniles of the guapote tigre, Cichlasoma managuense, in a recirculated system. The guapote tigre is relatively tolerant to low oxygen levels, averaging only a 17% reduction in growth rate per ppm oxygen in the range between 2 and 5 ppm.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors guarantee the journal the right to be the first publication of the work as licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors can set separate additional agreements for non-exclusive distribution of the version of the work published in the journal (eg, place it in an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
3. The authors have declared to hold all permissions to use the resources they provided in the paper (images, tables, among others) and assume full responsibility for damages to third parties.
4. The opinions expressed in the paper are the exclusive responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the opinion of the editors or the Universidad Nacional.
Uniciencia Journal and all its productions are under Creative Commons Atribución-NoComercial-SinDerivadas 4.0 Unported.
There is neither fee for access nor Article Processing Charge (APC)
Comentarios (ver términos de uso)
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Jorge Günther Nonell, Jorge Boza Abarca, Intensive Rearing of Juveniles of cichlasoma managuense (Günther 1869) in recirculated systems (ESP) , Uniciencia: Vol 8 No 1 (1991)
- Jorge Günther Nonell, Nazira Gálvez Hidalgo, The effect of high rearing densities on the growth of juveniles of the cichlid, cichlasoma managuense (Günther, 1869) (ESP) , Uniciencia: Vol 9 No 1 (1992)
- Jorge Günther Nonell, Growth of pacific snook (Centropomus nigrescens) juveniles at different salinities (ESP) , Uniciencia: Vol 12 No 1 (1995)