Semejanzas y diferencias por región en la educación: El caso de la educación matemática (ING)
AbstractThe present article reveals important regional differences regarding education in Costa Rica. After the analysis of multiple data, we discover the existence of many inequalities, like size, demographic density and age distribution (percentage of youths). On the other hand, we describe the most important aspects of teachers professional status, students achievement in national standardized tests, literacy, etc. Rural regions scattered over large areas of the country with smaller populations achieve a lower performance with fewer opportunities than other regions. To conclude, we urge the authorities and the whole educational system to move to correct these inequalities.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors guarantee the journal the right to be the first publication of the work as licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors can set separate additional agreements for non-exclusive distribution of the version of the work published in the journal (eg, place it in an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
3. The authors have declared to hold all permissions to use the resources they provided in the paper (images, tables, among others) and assume full responsibility for damages to third parties.
4. The opinions expressed in the paper are the exclusive responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the opinion of the editors or the Universidad Nacional.
Uniciencia Journal and all its productions are under Creative Commons Atribución-NoComercial-SinDerivadas 4.0 Unported.
There is neither fee for access nor Article Processing Charge (APC)
Comentarios (ver términos de uso)
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Edwin Chaves Esquivel, Debilidades en los programas que forman docentes en educación matemática: percepción de los actores (ING) , Uniciencia: Vol 20 No 1 (2003)
- Edwin Chaves Esquivel, Graduación y deserción en la escuela de matemática de la UNA Cohortes 1995 a 1998 , Uniciencia: Vol 20 No 1 (2003)