Methodological resources used by teachers in cycles I and II in basic general education in the region of Heredia, when they teach probability and statistics
AbstractThis paper offers a description of the methods, techniques and resources of teaching used by a sample of teachers from I and II Cycle of Basic General Education in the Dirección Regional Educativa de Heredia to teach Probability and Statistics. Regarding the methods, the most relevant results are the following: it was found a preference for traditional teaching strategies (methods most frequently used: deductive, expository, study of text, and collective). On the other hand, the teaching techniques identified with frequent use were brainstorming, entertainment´s activities, and work in groups, which are good tools to promote process of teaching and learning in which students interact with problem situations but also be used in traditional lessons. The technique called preparation of projects was rarely used. Moreover, among the main teaching resources chosen by teachers to teach Probability and Statistics are blackboards and photocopied materials, also mentioned the entertainment´s activities and concrete materials.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
1. Authors guarantee the journal the right to be the first publication of the work as licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
2. Authors can set separate additional agreements for non-exclusive distribution of the version of the work published in the journal (eg, place it in an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
3. The authors have declared to hold all permissions to use the resources they provided in the paper (images, tables, among others) and assume full responsibility for damages to third parties.
4. The opinions expressed in the paper are the exclusive responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the opinion of the editors or the Universidad Nacional.
Uniciencia Journal and all its productions are under Creative Commons Atribución-NoComercial-SinDerivadas 4.0 Unported.
There is neither fee for access nor Article Processing Charge (APC)
Comentarios (ver términos de uso)
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Marianela Alpízar Vargas, José Pablo Barrantes Quirós, Helen Bolaños González, Michael Céspedes López, Evelyn Delgado Carvajal, Dylana Freer Paniagua, Erick Ricardo Padilla Mora, María Fernanda Víquez Ortiz, Relevant Aspects on Teaching Probability and Statistics in Basic General Education , Revista Electrónica Educare: Vol 16 No 2 (2012): Revista Electrónica Educare (mayo-agosto)
- Ana Lucía Alfaro Arce, Marianela Alpízar Vargas, Mathematics for secondary education project (Matem-UNA): perception of students about of the courses received and the profesional careers they selected for higher education , Uniciencia: Vol 27 No 1 (2013)
- Edwin Chaves Esquivel, Perception of a sample of mathematics teachers on training received in the university , Uniciencia: Vol 27 No 2 (2013)
- Ana Lucía Alfaro Arce, Marianela Alpízar Vargas, José Romilio Loría Fernández, Educational project “Mathematics for secondary education (MATEM)”, your academic task during the year 2012: participants´ perspective , Uniciencia: Vol 28 No 2 (2014)